Friends of the Botanic Garden
About the Friends
The Friends of the Botanic Garden was founded in 1992 to support the collections and enhance the resources of the outdoor gardens and Lyman Plant House. Support from our Friends sponsors the botanic garden's volunteer program, supports our internships, makes our bus subsidy program for local school field trips possible, and so much more.
You can become a Friend of the Botanic Garden today using the Friends Membership Form. (Printable membership forms are also available upon request.) Friends Membership levels start at $20 for Smith students or recent alums, and range in giving levels from $100 for a Family membership to $1500 for a Champion membership.
As a token of our appreciation for your support
We offer our Friends:
- Members-only hours at the Spring Bulb and Fall Chrysanthemum Shows.
- Free admission and discounts at 300 gardens around the country.
- Leaflet, our annual magazine that features articles by faculty, staff and students, beautiful photographs of the botanic garden and much more.
- Special members communications featuring events listing mailed biannually.
- A 10 percent discount on botanic garden merchandise.
All contributions to the botanic garden are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. For Smith alums, donations and memberships with the botanic garden receive class credit.